- 1,698,822 was the total population of Vienna in 2010.
- 41.1 years was the average age of Vienna’s inhabitants in 2010.
- 35.4 per cent is the share of Vienna’s total surface area made up by protected zones (national park, nature conservation areas) in 2009.
- 6,126,916 square metres of vineyards were cultivated in Vienna in 2010.
- 1,159,030 metres was the total length of Vienna’s cycle path and cycle lane system in 2009.
- 3,684,665 square metres was the total surface of Vienna’s 1,322 sports grounds and sports facilities in 2009.
- 225,749 pupils and students attended one of the 691 schools in Vienna in the 2008/09 school year.
- 171 cinema screens were available in Vienna in 2008.
- 17,154 children were born in Vienna in 2010.
- 150 metres is the height of Vienna’s highest residential building (Neue Donau tower).
Source: City of Vienna Statistical Yearbook 2010